10/26/2011

Ripleys Haunted Adventure Tour Gatlinburg

Ripleys Of Gatlinburg Haunted Tour
Ripley's Haunted Adventure located on the Parkway in Gatlinburg, Tennessee is a very popular haunt during the month of October. I have visited this haunt several times before but never in the month of October. Until this year.


Every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in the month of October, at 6:13PM sharp, Ripley's has their own version of a zombie crawl as a horde of monsters parade down the Parkway ending up in front of the Haunted Adventure where they interact with the people on the street. after about 20 minutes, the monsters filter into the haunt and add to the excitement and fright.


We bought our tickets and got in line. There were about 100 people in front of us and several hundred behind us before it was our turn.
It was now our time to step into the rickety old cage that takes it's paying customers (Victims) to the top of the haunt. It is a very effective prop. Very loud, old, looks unsafe, and has a hint of danger to it. We met a crazy man at the top. I was informed that my camera must be turned off at this point. I obliged.

The haunt is a self guided tour. We were in a group of six people. I was the lead, my wife Patty behind me, the others behind her. We were instructed to put our hand on the persons back in front of us. A few seconds later we began our march through the haunt.

I will say the haunt is much larger than what it looks like from the outside. There were many rooms inside to navigate through. The props and graphics were above average and the actors were well trained and effective. This haunt was all about misdirection.

After about 30 minutes, we found our way out. We stepped into the elevator and.... I won't spoil it for you.

One thing I didn't like about this haunt. Outside while we were waiting in line, a woman was selling fiber optic lights to help you see in the haunt. She said it was absolutely necessary to see inside the haunt for it was pitch black inside. The lights, (Which were throw away quality) cost five dollars. I noticed that if you bought the lights at the ticket box office, they were only $2 dollars. Whip a rip off. I declined to buy the light. The woman selling them told me I would be sorry.

I was not. At no time did I ever need the fiber optic light. DO NOT BUY THE LIGHT! IT IS A RIP OFF. The rest of the haunted adventure was very entertaining and enjoyable. It was actually fun. We recommend it in the month of October.

Enjoy the video's and pictures.



Happy Halloween


LURKING, IN THE SHADOWS, ON THE GRASSY KNOLL

4 comments:

  1. I never went through the house but I was in Gatlinberg before and saw the girl in the box outside. She is funny, making fun and scaring everyone that walks by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, she was very entertaining. Scared the Hell out of a lot of people passing by. You should have gone in, it was worth the 12 dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see the inside of that haunt. You say its bigger inside, it looks very small from the street pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it was much larger, plenty of rooms, big rooms, and it took about a half hour to navigate through. A very good haunt.

    ReplyDelete

Entertain Me With Your Wealth Of Worthless Knowledge