10/17/2011

Pizza Joe's - Breakfast Pizza

A Breakfast Pizza 
Usually when I think of pizza, it's for lunch or dinner. When Mike, Rocket Scientist #9 told me about Pizza Joe's breakfast pizza, I had to try it.

As you can see, it is a traditional round pizza, 12 inch size, with regular crust. Instead of pizza sauce and traditional toppings, the breakfast pizza was topped with scrambled eggs, bacon, and cheese.

The pizza was in a traditional box (The word traditional was on sale today so I bought it in surplus) and cut in a traditional 8 slice. And of course the pizza was traditionally hot.

The crust was crunchy, not soggy, and the toppings well cooked. I was a little skeptical at first about the taste, but it was very good. It was like a breakfast omelette without the grease smell or taste or sogginess.

The cost was $8 which was a dollar a slice which was very reasonable. With McDonald's bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit costing around $2 dollars, the pizza was a bargain.

The Grassy Knoll Diner awards 4 out of 5 shots and recommends Pizza Joe's breakfast pizza.


LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL

3 comments:

  1. Jungljim69 said
    April 3, 2008 at 8:46 am eSince I will be visiting LOTGK headquarters in July I will have to sample. Uptown for breakfast and Elmton for dinner should be really good.
    ReplyLOTGK said
    April 3, 2008 at 9:36 am eIt’s a great combination.
    ReplyGIDave said
    April 3, 2008 at 3:06 pm eQuiet in here today. Breakfast pizza, must try it.
    ReplyContessa Confessa said
    April 3, 2008 at 7:57 pm eGreat minds think alike (pizza on the brain…).
    ReplyLead Scientist said
    April 4, 2008 at 12:14 pm eSounds disgusting at first but might be good.
    ReplyJungljim69 said
    April 4, 2008 at 2:52 pm eLead Scientist, I am sure you have eaten worse items
    ReplyLOTGK said
    April 4, 2008 at 3:22 pm ePerhaps a certain girl comes to mind…….LMAO…..
    ReplyJungljim69 said
    April 6, 2008 at 4:05 pm eyou know, come to think of it….
    ReplyBen said
    April 13, 2008 at 8:24 am eIt looks very traditional, but I prefer a more traditional breakfast of traditional Cheerios.(I bought a few extra traditionals myself) 
    ReplyLOTGK saidApril 14, 2008 at 12:50 pm eYes, I rarely eat breakfast like this. A bowl of cereal is my main menu. Or toast or a muffin. But this was waiting for me at my office, so who am I to say no….. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now we can have pizza 3 times a day! \o/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its the age old question, If you were stranded on a desert island and you got to choose one food to eat, what would you choose. Pizza. :D

    ReplyDelete

Entertain Me With Your Wealth Of Worthless Knowledge