5/17/2011

Margherita's Italian Restaurant

Margherita's Italian Restaurant
Margherita's Italian Restaurant
Patty calls me and tells me of a new restaurant close to town called Margaritaville. Al right! I was down with that. I loved Mararitaville in Las Vegas and Orlando and now there was one close in town. I was ready for some “Cheeseburger In Paradise.” We went as soon as I got home.
We found ourselves in Girard on the main drag and Patty says, there it is, there’s Margaritaville. Damn, I must of heard wrong, (I am 51) for there before me was the Margherita’s Restaurant sign. The place was packed and the parking lot full so it took some ingenuity in parking.
Italian Bread And Butter
Totally bummed that I wouldn’t be having mine with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and french fried potato, I settled for a standard classic. A short time later, some Italian Bread was brought to the table. It was fresh and tasted good. Bravo!
Standard Salad
Next came the salad. It was standard fare. It was good, fresh, with plenty of lettuce and enough added items to compliment the dish. So far, so good.
Margherita's Chicken Parm
Margherita's Chicken Parm
You guessed it. I ordered the Chicken Parmesan with spaghetti. After all, it was an Italian restaurant, the sauce is usually good and the meals generally very above average.
The portions were good. The chicken juicy and zero fat. The cheese melted and the sauce plenty and zesty. The Penne was well cooked, hot, and with the sauce, was good.
Margherita's Restaurant Inside Dining
Margherita's Restaurant Inside Dining
My only real complaint was the seating. Not that we were cramped, but we were right next door to the rest room. Not that it’s a bad thing, but usually, you cannot hear what’s going on inside the rest room. At Margherita’s, you know everyone’s business if you know what I mean.

The cost was roughly $10 dollars without tip which is a real good price. The food was good, portions adequate, the service OK, but the placement, not so good.
The Grassy Knoll Institute scores 3 out of 5 shots and recommends Margherita’s Italian Restaurant for dinner. (Just make sure you are not seated by the rest room)



LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL

1 comment:

  1. Girard Resident said

    May 17, 2011 at 2:28 pm e
    Margharita’s is afine establishment. It is always busy, the food is always good, and the experience always excellent. Sorry you had such a bad time.
    ______________________________________
    Reply

    Gumby said

    May 17, 2011 at 5:40 pm e
    Hey Dick from Girard. LOTGK did give a good review. He said the price was good, the food good, service good, just don’t be seated next to the rest room. He didn’t say he had a bad time. What a whiny bitch you are.
    ______________________________________
    Reply

    LOTGK said

    May 17, 2011 at 11:51 pm e
    Yea, what Gumby said.
    ______________________________________
    Reply

    LOTGK said

    May 17, 2011 at 11:50 pm e
    Girard dude. Read my post again. I recommend Margharita’s for dinner. Sorry you misunderstood.
    ______________________________________
    Reply

    Max Jackl said

    May 19, 2011 at 10:03 pm e
    Farting again in Margherita ville, searching for that lost roll of toilet paper, some people say that a buriito’s to blame, but I know, it’s my own damn fault.
    ______________________________________
    Reply

    LOTGK said

    May 19, 2011 at 11:06 pm e
    Excellent my friend. “D
    ______________________________________
    Reply

    Moominboy said

    May 21, 2011 at 7:50 am e
    Yeah, I’d totally eat that. Well, before I went vegan, that is
    ______________________________________
    Reply

    LOTGK said

    May 25, 2011 at 8:22 am e
    Yes, it was good, the prices good, service good, bathroom area, not good.

    ReplyDelete

Entertain Me With Your Wealth Of Worthless Knowledge