2/27/2008

Idora Park Entrance Sign


This was the Idora Amusement Park entrance sign just off of Canfield Road in Youngstown, Ohio. It stood proud and tall for many years. Even years after the park closed in 1984.

A polka festival was the last advertised event at Idora Park. I can remember the yellow blinking lights and the blue background announcing to all that you had arrived at Idora Park.

The sign has been torn down several years ago but you can still see in the road the indentations where it stood.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL

8 comments:

  1. Fond memories of a time long forgotten. I was always hoping that Idora Park would somehow come back to life and open up again. What a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parochial School Days at Idora that marked the end of the school year and the beginning of the lazy days of summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were great times Jim. We lived close enough that we would ride out bikes and park them at the bicycle racks up front by the Jack Rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should do a list of potential anonymous alien comments left on this blog, there sure are a lot of weird nicknames people pick, makes me wonder just who they are lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I made up that list, I would be first and second.
    LOTGK
    XTAP59

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL no your screename is hardly weird at all..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had people ask me how I pronounced my name. They would say, is it, lot geek? lot gique? Lotgeekay?
    When I answer LOTGK, they look at me weird.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL I just pronounce it X tap fifty nine.. isn't that hard.. or Lot G K. Pretty easy.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Entertain Me With Your Wealth Of Worthless Knowledge