3/25/2009

Lost Update - I Wanna Be Sedated


Lost Update - Season V - 03/25/2009

Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go I wanna be sedated
Nothin' to do no where to go-o-oh, I wanna be sedated
Just get me to the airport put me on a plane
Hurry hurry hurry before I go insane
I can't control my fingers I can't control my brain
Oh no no no no no

A ten year old Ben Linus brought me a chicken salad sandwich, how do you think I am?


Let us begin with the ending of tonight's episode. Young Ben helps Sayid escape. Sayid shoots young Ben in cold blood. Sayid breaks the cycle from repeating. Or does he? According to my Lost theory, Sayid is dead wrong. I'll say it again for affect. Dead wrong!

Just what is the Grassy Knoll Institutes Lost theory...
Although it appears the survivors of Oceanic flight 815 are on a tropical island, they are being deceived. There is no island. The survivors are in a virtual reality laboratory. All the castaways are interconnected to one another sharing each others thoughts, memories, and feelings. While in this virtual reality laboratory, a battery of physical and mental experiments are performed on them. And who is running these experiments? As Juliet stated, the Aliens of course.

I'll get back to Sayid in a minute or two but first an observation. Tonight we see the pendulum swing the other way. Sawyer has become the Alpha male while Jack is just one of the pack.  Sawyer has set up house with Juliet, Jacks flame, and she has fallen in line.  Sawyer is head of security, a very powerful position at Dharma, what with hostiles at the fence perimeter just waiting to attack. Or drive flaming vans into houses. The Dharma gang listens to Sawyer, waits for his wisdom, exactly what he always wanted.

And what of Jack. What has he become. Thats right, a flip flop. Jack is now regulated to "Workman" status, merely a grunt in the Dharma scheme of things. Even his jumpsuit bears it out. Jack has no decision power, no one to lead, no one who will listen. Jack is Sawyer, and Sawyer is now Jaack.

Of course this is predictable with my virtual reality theory. (Focus here readers.) Standard psychological test for behavioral scientists. Study the pack, determine the Alpha, the structure of command. But for the castaways, once they get accustomed to one role, the parameters are altered, reset if you will, and roles are changed. Jack is now on the outside looking in. He will pull a Sawyer in upcoming episodes.

Which leads us back to Sayid. As a child, a natural born killer, snapping the neck of the chicken at his family's pen. Easing into the military in the Republican army. Killing all those people for Ben. Finally, killing the younger version of Ben in hopes of breaking the cycle. But we know that won't happen don't we? If you read my update from a couple of weeks ago, you would already know that.

In my March 11th Lost update, No Time Like The Past, Driscol attempts to make the future better by altering the past but everything he tries, fails. Same with Sayid. Killing Ben in 1977 will not alter what happens in 2004, or any time line. Why? Because in 2004, Ben Linus is alive and controls the others. We see this. Hence, Sayid killing Ben in the past does not change the future.

Time travel theory is beginning to unravel. The problem with the theory is a time paradox. Sayid kills Ben in 1977 before Ben kills the Dharma group. But we see it happen, so Sayid failed. It's the grandfather paradox time travel can't overcome. If you went back in time and murdered your grandfather before he sired your father, then how could you be born? And if you did succeed, then how could you travel back in time if you were never born.

However, with virtual reality, what is happening on the island is easily explainable. It is simply a mass experiment to study the herd, (The human species) and how they adapt, choices made in times of danger and adversity, and leisure. Sawyer really didn't want to give up his cozy little gig he had going as chief of security now did he?

BTW, what a bonus that my Twilight Zone update a couple weeks ago nails tonight's episode. Sayis was playing Driscol. Instead of going back in time and killing Hitler, Sayid kills Ben Linus. But that won't change anything.

Tidbits from tonight's episode:

*Sayid: Then I guess I'm on my own.

* Ben to Sayid: It's in your nature. It's what you do.

* Kazinsky or whatever his name is to horace: Let's take a vote or do I have to call Ann Arbor?

* Ever notice that all the Dharma vehicles are blue? Just saying. A constant perhaps.

Until next week. Get LOST!




LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL

39 comments:

  1. if the whole premise of LOST is based on a virtual reality laboratory then we have a replay of the Bob Newhart Show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Rob, I am predicting a parallel of Rod Serling's 1960's science fiction television series, The Twilight Zone. Many old Zone episodes tie in to exactly what the castaways are experiencing.

    About Newhart, funny you mention that at this time, since he had two shows, one called The Bob Newhart Show, and the other called simply Newhart. Two series, essentially the same, but different.

    My money is on Hurley being George Utley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, if Sayid killed Ben, then where does that put him in the present time. Is he still dead. Locke died but is now alive with the other survivors on the plane. Sayid killing Ben now means Sayid didn't commit those murders in the future thus saving his soul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Queen-
    Ben is not dead. Trust me. Like I said in my update tonight, and several weeks ago, Driscol could not change the future by going to the past attempting to change history. Every attempt failed. Thus, the same for Sayid. Ben is not dead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sticking to my theory. The island is the pearly gates. When you are waiting to be judged the island is your waiting room. The island is where you get your last chance to prove you are good or bad. Sayid wasn't worried about dying because he is already dead. Some believe that when you are in a coma you can communicate with others in a coma. That is exactly why the castaways are able to communicate. They are all close to dead. In the end Sayid was bad. One ticket for hell. Richard is good. All along he has been trying to get people to follow him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I liked the most was seeing the Toymaker from Blade Runner drug Sayid...that was a pleasant surprise for me

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh and he was also on the Bob Newhart show....did you guys say that because of him?

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, are you telling me that they are all just mostly dead? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Damn, good catch. He was Larry, wasn't he, the one with two brothers both named Darryl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes I think they are all dying. You've seen the movies where people are laying in the hospital bed in a coma and they have an out of body experience. The castaways are all dying. Some are fighting to come back to life(wake up from their coma) and some have accepted the fact that life's over. Think about it Locke falls off the building. We think the island healed him, but maybe he never recovered from that fall. The scenes in the wheelchair were actually the beginning of his out of body experience. Bernard had cancer, now where is he? Ben had a tumor, I think Ben goes back and forth to the island because each time he goes to the island he is in the middle of a surgery and they lose him. These people have fatal problems all of them. Desmond had something wrong with him. I just can't remember what.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've time and time again on the show "it's not your time" or "that's not how it's supposed to happen" Naomi is a prime example. She wasn't supposed to die, it's wasn't her time but accidents happen. We saw it as Locke killing her but by her dying saved other lives somehow. The island is the tunnel with the light at the end of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't jump the gun. Who says Sayid killed Ben? He merely shot him...and from the looks of it, in the abdomen. Which would be a great place for a bullet to enter and, oh, say, graze the spine, causing a tumor to grow years later.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No jumping the gun or shark here Serena. Read my comment number 4 along with the update above. No matter how hard people try, they cannot change the past to affect the future. Just ask Desmond, when he tried to save Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Folks. The Lost survivors are not at the Pearly gates of Heaven. They are much lower. They are ready to fall into the pit of Hell for all eternity. Unless a 7th season is negotiated. Then all bets are off.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm just wondering what the writers are smoking when they think these shows up. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A question....When Ben releases the gas in his "purge" of Dharma, where are Sawyer, Kate, Jack, et al?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Also, what happened to Daniel Farraday(sp?). I'm out of town, and I think I missed an episode which would explain why he is not there anymore. Did he time travel somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Farrahday is ANN ARBOR. im never wrong

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love reading all of this speculation. I do hope the writers are clever enough (as they have proved to be to this point) to not pull a Newhart and explain the whole series away so simply. I think they could be in serious shit from the viewers if they do. I giggled when I realized that torturer was Larry. "I'm Larry, this is my brother Darrel and this is my other brother Darrel."
    All of the Dharma vehicles are also VW's, maybe they are Germans, and hippies... from Ann Arbor :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. And for the record, that is my theme song.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Not all the vehicles are VW's. Jin was driving a Jeep Wrangler. It was blue.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ben, my theme song, by Aerosmith, Ten Inch Record.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Vegas Dutch,
    They've not explained what happened to Farraday yet - only said he isn't there anymore. Not sure if that means he's dead, hanging with the hostils, or he caught a Blue VW back to Ann Arbor.

    Remember a few seasons back when the "Others" took Sawyer, Jack, Kate, and somebody else I can't remember back to the Dharma camp? Back when Jack ended up operating on Ben...

    I recall a scene when Jack was being held in the recreation room. I wonder if the Dharma picture of them as new recruits was still on the wall?!?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Faraday is either dead, or alive. The island is the place you go right before you die. If you aren't on the island you either came back to life or went on to die. If your heart stops you go to the island. The only way to leave is if you get the crash pads in time or you die.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Heres my 2 cents i think Faraday is Jacob

    ReplyDelete
  26. NO!!!! when they talk about ANN ARBOR thats Farrahday

    ReplyDelete
  27. They are on an alternate timeline contained within the multiverse. Which means that if Sayid did actually Kill (and not just shoot) Ben, he would cease to exist in that specific timeline. He would continue to exist in that timeline as an adult which originated in his original timeline.

    Question: Ben killed Locke. Locke's alive again, and Jack had brought him the shoes of his father before they put him on the plane. I think that Christian (I think that's his name... the guy who met Locke at the bottom of the well) Jacks father whos spirit is now in John Locke.

    What happened with the pilot guy? I missed a few episodes way back.

    ReplyDelete
  28. John Locke is Jacob. I think its the combination of Christian and Locke. I've seen some pics that they brightened of Jacob and it looks like Locke with a beard...

    ReplyDelete
  29. No - Christian is still around. He's the one who told Captain Frank (the pilot) and Sun that they had a long way to travel. And that's 30 years in the future (which is actually the present), which is where Locke currently is, too.
    Christian and Locke are NOT sharing a spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  30. The spirituality and time travel arc trouble me in season five. If Lost is religious based, many viewers will be highly upset. And with so many Lost characters of different religious beliefs, how can they lump those set of values and hold them true for everyone.

    As for time travel, so far Einstein's theory holds true, meaning time travel is not possible. Yes, there are theories, but if Einstein is correct, and I tend to believe him, the castaways are not time traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Holy Cow Lost fans. I was going over several recent episodes of Lost and found some startling evidence that my theory is correct. It was when I slowed and paused the action when I saw it. As soon as I figure out how to transfer the image from my DVR to my computer I will post it. It will blow you all away. I know it did for me. I cannot say more without the image. In a day or two folks, maybe I will start in with it on my Lost update on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What? You're just going to go out and say something like this and expect me to wait a couple few days for you to figure out your blinking VCR? C'mon man, if you got evidence, I want to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ben is not dead. Richard will find him and somehow heal him. How does Ben know that Sayid is a killer? Because he remembers that Sayid shot him 30 years ago. That's how.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I believe it has to do with Time Travel...just not physical time travel. The rat is the key. Only the consciousness was able to go into the future and learn the maze. Maybe the flashbacks from the first couple of seasons aren't actually flashbacks but actual things they are experiencing at that time in their head.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I told you I had empirical proof that my theory was correct. here is the link where my evidence is presented.
    Lost Update Seeing Eye To Eye

    ReplyDelete
  36. Interesting tidbit, the book young Ben gave Sayid was titled Seperate reality.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Our Own Back Yard LLC6/08/2009 4:04 PM

    I love your site,cool website!
    Wisconsin is a Four Season Wonderland that borders two of the five Great Lakes, Our State is rich in arts, historic & cultural, where you can find great adventures for the whole family. Also, I am a lame ass spam troll. My middle name is tool, and it is coincidentally what I am.

    ReplyDelete

Entertain Me With Your Wealth Of Worthless Knowledge