9/16/2008

Outback Steakhouse - Filet Mignon

Outback Steakhouse Boardman Ohio
Outback Steakhouse Boardman Ohio
My lovely wife Patty convinced me to go to Outback for dinner. Let it be known there wasn't much convincing to be done, but that's between you and me.

We walked it and got a table right away. they had just opened and plenty of tables were available. The waiter came by and explained the specials and took our drink orders. Yeah! They have Coke Zero!
Outback Steakhouse Filet Mignon And Baked Potato
Outback Steakhouse Filet Mignon And Baked Potato
As you can see, I ordered the filet mignon and baked potato. I was allowed two sides, but the others didn't appeal to me so they doubled up the baked potato.

The filet was excellent. Cooked exactly as ordered. Medium well. It was hot, juicy, and flavorful. It was one of the best steaks I have had. And that is saying a lot. Not an ounce of fat as the entire cut was choice filet. It was served in a timely manner.

The baked potato was well cooked as well. The butter melted through and the bacon bits was a nice added touch. The Coke Zero was a bottomless glass and was refilled twice without asking.

The service was very good, the waitress very attention and knowledgeable and very efficient. The cost was about $20 dollars without tip.

The Grassy Knoll Diner scores 4.5 out of 5 shots to the Outback Steakhouse and recommends them for lunch and dinner.


LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL

2 comments:

  1. Vandaamonium11/29/2011 2:09 AM

    Now this is a place I might check out.  I'm going up to Arlington, Texas on the 1st of December for my youngest daughter's birthday and baby shower and just might try Outback, unless my daughter demands we go to her workplace, Applebee's.  I like Applebee's and had several meals at the one in Temple, TX when my daughter worked there.  Looks like your reviews have been more than just interesting for me.  Thanks, have a very merry CHRISTmas.  TTYL  Van

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vandy, Outback has a very good BBQ sauce on their chicken and ribs. I highly recommend them.

    ReplyDelete

Entertain Me With Your Wealth Of Worthless Knowledge