3/03/2012

Shoeless Joes BBQ Pork

Shoeless Joe's BBQ Pulled Pork

While at the National Halloween trade show hosted at the Rosemont Chicago convention center, the host had a “Taste Of Chicago” evening for the exhibitors and buyers in the Hilton Hotel on Friday evening. Inside the great hall, many of Chicago’s top restaurants had set up temporary stations and were cooking their best dishes for all to taste and sample. Of course we were there. The first station we stopped at was Shoeless Joe’s Restaurant.

After finding a table, we made a bee line to shoeless Joe’s. I sampled the pulled pork sandwich and their BBQ ribs. The ribs were the “Fall off the bone” variety. (The best kind!) The BBQ sauce was tangy and perfect. The taste, well, the ribs were exquisite. If there weren’t 9 or 10 other restaurants to sample I would have went back for a full slab of ribs.

After the ribs, I moved on to the pulled pork sandwich. Again, a very tasty BBQ sauce smothering tender pulled pork. The hard roll was a perfect combo.

I was really liking this “Taste Of Chicago” event so far. I couldn’t wait for the next restaurant.

The Grassy Knoll Institute scores 5 out of 5 shots and recommends Shoeless Joe’s of Chicago for dinner.


LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL

1 comment:


  1. Moominboy said
    March 3, 2012 at 6:44 am
    Looks mouth-watering! :O
    ---------------------------------

    Reply
    LOTGK said
    March 3, 2012 at 3:02 pm

    it was. And best of all, it was free. An all you can eat event. However, with 10 restaurants in house I sampled small portions wanting to not stuff myself.
    ------------------------------

    Reply
    Moominboy said
    March 3, 2012 at 7:46 pm

    Oh such events are very sneaky. They totally sabotage my weight-cutting regime:)
    -------------------------------

    Reply
    LOTGK said
    March 7, 2012 at 8:17 am

    100% agreed.
    ---------------------------------

    Reply
    Gumby said
    March 5, 2012 at 7:47 pm

    Free! Free food is never bad. And great food is always excellent. Did you sample all 10 places that night or was it for the entire week?
    ---------------------------------

    Reply
    LOTGK said
    March 7, 2012 at 8:19 am

    Free food is always good indeed. And yes, I did sample all ten restaurants in one evening.
    --------------------------------

    Reply
    Valdunagan said
    March 9, 2012 at 11:03 am

    I love BBQ ribs and chicken. I was at Joe’s a few years abck. They have fall off the bone ribs and the sauce is excellent. I agree that Shoeless Joe’s it top notch. I had to pay for my dinner though.
    ---------------------------------

    Reply
    LOTGK said
    March 13, 2012 at 8:56 am

    Yes, I was there as well and the portions were plentiful and the ribs excellent. A five star rib joint.

    ReplyDelete

Entertain Me With Your Wealth Of Worthless Knowledge