9/25/2010

Sandwich Factory French Fries

Idora Park French Fries
Idora Park French Fries
The Grassy Knoll Diner is in a constant search for french fries comparable to the iconic Idora Park fries. Some have come close, but so far, none have been spot on.

However, surprisingly, the Boardman, Ohio Sandwich Factory on Market Street comes close. (I know, I was just as surprised as you) On a whim, I ordered a standard order of fries along with my sandwich. The cost was $2.50 for the fries.

When I got the fries home, I opened them and spilled them out. For $2.50, the order was adequate. They were hot and just crunchy enough, lightly salted and they smelled good. (Sometimes when fries are cooked in old grease, they have a bad odor to them. Not these fries) The taste was very good. Not Idora Park quality, but good nonetheless.

The Grassy Knoll Diner scores 4 out of 5 shots and recommends Sandwich Factory Fries for lunch and dinner.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL

1 comment:

  1. Ahrcanum said

    September 26, 2010 at 9:41 pm e
    Was the airplane ride over the fry stand or just near it? Even the vinegar was better at Idora,say nothing of the stale baked boston bean cand nut from the arcade.

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    September 28, 2010 at 8:22 am e
    Yes, just off to the side of th silver planes. Ahh, the Penny Arcade. I guess today, it would be renamed, the Dollar Arcade. Those fries were good.

    Reply

    Max Jackl said

    September 27, 2010 at 8:23 am e
    I think Idora park fries are a myth. They never existed.

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    September 28, 2010 at 8:22 am e
    Are you saying I’m captain Ahab in search of my white whale?

    Reply

    Moominboy said

    October 6, 2010 at 3:42 pm e
    They look tasty. I like them slightly darker than regular. But I’m more into British-style thick fries (called “chips” over there).

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    October 6, 2010 at 11:01 pm e
    Yes, I love chips. Rosie O’Grady’s Irish restaurant in New York City has fantastic chips, and great fish as well.

    ReplyDelete

Entertain Me With Your Wealth Of Worthless Knowledge