1/25/2008

Bantry Bay Irish Pub - New York Cheeseburger

bantry-bay-brooklyn-ny
Bantry Bay
Back in February, while attending the Toy Fair, a huge blizzard canceled my flight back to Youngstown and I had to scramble for lodging for the evening or stay trapped at the airport all night. I supposedly got lucky and found a room at the Best Western hotel about 10-12 miles from LaGuardia airport, New York. Being that the Best Western did not have a restaurant, and I did not have a rental car, my options were to go hungry or find a place to eat within walking distance. (I should have went hungry)

The Bantry Bay Bar is located just on the outskirts of Brooklyn, within walking distance of the Best Western hotel and since I was walking in blizzard conditions and I was hungry,  Irish food it was.

The Sign On The Wall Said...
Walking into the joint I was greeted with this sign. At least there weren't any bugs. And no employee's either. The place was deserted which is never a good sign. A few shout out hello's and a blond waitress appears from the back room, smiles, and told me to take a seat anywhere. She handed me a menu and said she would be right back for my order.
Yes - I Said Cheese Balls
My order started with an appetizer of cheese balls with marinara sauce. I won't say these were tasteless, or terrible, but I will certainly print it.
not-the-cheeseburgers-you're-looking-for
Not The Cheeseburgers You're Looking For
My main order was a cheeseburger and french fries. When it arrived to my table, things were looking up as the cheeseburger looked pretty enticing. Until I took a bite. I have to say, it was one of the worst tasting burgers I ever encountered. Being very hungry, I managed to choke about half of it down and relied on the adequate at best fries to fill my hunger desire.

The cost for this meal was about $20 not including tip.

The Grassy Knoll Institute awards 1.25 shots out of 5 and does not recommend the Bantry Bay bar located in Brooklyn, New York.


LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL


Responses to “Bantry Bay Irish Bar”


  1. Slub said

    aah. I think I posted a comment to the other blog…
    Anyway. Do you know how I can put a mp3 into my posts?
    That cheeseburger looked good until I read that it sucked.

  2. GIDave said

    Looks can be deceiving huh. What did it taste like? Just burned, or raunchy tasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain Me With Your Wealth Of Worthless Knowledge