10/26/2007

Geneva Times Square French Fries


Cheeseburger And Fries In Paradise.

One of my favorite summer time relaxation spots is Geneva On The Lake, Ohio. Geneva is a little town time has forgotten from the 1950's, when roll up cuffs on jeans and hot rods was the craze.

One place we always stopped at while there is Time Square Restaurant, a quaint little outside restaurant that is famous for its huge order of french fries.

The first time we ordered lunch, I went to the counter, ordered two cheeseburgers, a chili dog, three cokes, and three orders of french fries. The waitress kindly told me that I only wanted one order of fries. I told her, "No, I want three orders, there are three of us." She just looked at me in disbelief, smiled, and told me matter-of-factly that I would only be getting one order. I thought she was messing with me. She said to trust her. I did.

I grabbed my rock, which had a number painted on it, which was my order number, and took a seat on the round picnic table. (I did tell you that this place was right out of the 1950's)

The waitress called my rock number and I went to the counter to claim my prize. The picture above is what we received. Now I know why the waitress only gave me one order of fries. The fries were almost 8 inches tall and filled the entire cafeteria tray.

To the critique. The cheeseburgers were excellent, and were quarter pound in size. The buns were fresh, cheese melted, and tasted great. The fries were well cooked, almost crunchy, and as you can see, it was a large order. No, we did not finish the fries. There were to many of them.

The service was excellent, the waitress friendly, and the food fantastic. The price was under 18 bucks which was remarkable considering the ample amount of food received. The Grassy Knoll Institute rates Times Square Geneva On The Lake 5 shots out of 5 and recommends them for lunch and dinner.


LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL

4 comments:

  1. That looks good but a waste. Why do they make the order to big so no one can eat it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merv, sharing is caring. The size of the order was big enough for four people.

      Delete
  2. Wow. No wonder the waitress only wanted to give you one order. Those are huge. And look wonderfully yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were rather fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Entertain Me With Your Wealth Of Worthless Knowledge