9/30/2011

Jimmy Johns - Turkey Bacon Cheese Sub

Jimmy Johns Subs Boardman Ohio
Jimmy Johns Subs Boardman Ohio
Jimmy John's shares a building with 5 Guys restaurant across the street from the southern Park mall. Patty (My darling wife) told me about Jimmy John's in Youngstown and raved about it. We decided to try the Boardman location. Walking in, we were the only customers, seating to the right empty, no one in the drive through, but that is OK.

There were five employee's inside behind the counter and they were all very pleasant. One asked us if we were ready to order.I ordered a turkey, cheese, and bacon sandwich. I asked if they toasted but they do not.
Jimmy Johns Turkey Cheese And Bacon Sandwich
Jimmy Johns Turkey Cheese And Bacon Sandwich
In a few minutes, our order was up and we took our sandwiches to a table. Opening the sandwich, this is what I saw.
Bacon: Five full slices. Cold.
Cheese: Two thin slices of American cheese.
Turkey: Two thin slices of turkey breast.
Bread: The bun was home made, very fresh and good. Size was approximately 8 inches.
Not there: No fries are offered, only chips. 

I will say the sandwich tasted good. Not great, not bad, but good. Perhaps if there were a couple more slices of turkey and cheese and the option to have it toasted, it would have been an outstanding sandwich.

The cost with a diet coke was just under $7 dollars. The table was clean, in fact, the entire restaurant was clean. That is always a plus. 
Jimmy Johns Counter Service
Jimmy Johns Counter Service
While we were eating our sandwiches, the radio was playing over speakers. One song was by the Police, with Sting singing Roxanne, you don't have to put on the red light. If you know the song, Sting (The singer) really accentuates the word Roxanne. I know the song well, and when the Roxanne verse came around, I would belt out "Roxanne" along with Sting. Patty told me to stop singing. I was used to it. Ever since first grade, I was told by the teachers that I shouldn't be singing.

Anyway, a minute later, we over heard the gentleman behind the counter that took our order singing Roxanne. He accentuated "Roxanne" the same as I did. Patty and I looked over and smiled and laughed and he looked a tad embarrassed. He smiled and continued on his singing doing his job. A good time was had by all.

The Grassy Knoll Diner scores 3.25 out of 5 shots and recommends Jimmy John's subs for dinner.

P.S. We will return in the near future. Perhaps Iron Butterfly will be playing on the radio. In A Godda Da Vida Baby....


LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL

4 comments:

  1. Thats awesome, its good to see people happy with their job. It makes everyone a little more happier. BTW, thats a loy of bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say that's a bacon sub, not a bacon + something sub. Which can't be bad ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was Subby, it made the dining experience much better. And he was by far a better singer than me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is what I was thinking when I opened the sandwich. Nice thick well cooked bacon. Once when I was at Disney World in Florida, I was at the breakfast buffet and I piled at least 25 pieces of bacon onto a toasted hoagie bun. I thought I heard Angels singing.

    ReplyDelete

Entertain Me With Your Wealth Of Worthless Knowledge