7/09/2011

Perhaps The Worlds Best Cheeseburger

Steamers Stonewall Tavern Menu
Steamers Stonewall Tavern Menu
Patty and I visit Steamers Stone Wall Tavern often. I usually opt for the Filet or the Chicken Parm as both are excellent choices. However, tonight I felt like something different.
Steamers Rolls
Although it was semi crowded, we were seated immediately and our drink order was taken. Fresh home made rolls with plenty of butter were brought to our table. The rolls were hot, fresh, and home made. They were delicious. The rolls were a new recipe as previous dinners had standard fare rolls.
Steamers Tavern Loaded Potato Skins
Steamers Loaded Potato Skins
As an appetizer, I ordered the loaded potato wedges. Four wedges of baked potato loaded with melted cheese and bacon bits. As potato wedges go, these were standard fare. Plenty of cheese, enough bacon, and they were baked just right. i hate when they are burnt and become brittle.
Perhaps The Best Cheeseburger
Perhaps The Best Cheeseburger
This is perhaps the best cheeseburger I have tasted. And believe me, I have had a cheeseburger or two hundred. Steamers began with a half pound premium Angus beef. I selected mine well done, and it was cooked perfectly. I added American cheese and bacon as additions. The bun was big, fresh, and like the rolls, home made. I ordered french fries as a side but also as a secret topping.

Ever since I was a little kid, and we’re talking 45 years ago, I have been adding french fries to my hamburgers. (Some people know this as the Big Pittsburgh) Let it be McDonalds, Burger King, Mr. Wheelers, Burger Chef, Eddie’s Grill, Old Firehouse Winery, etc, etc. French fries complete the burger ensemble. I suggest you try this concoction on your next burger, it will be worth it. I guarantee it.

Like I was saying, this cheeseburger was the perfect storm. The taste was excellent, hot juicy, the fries doing their job combining with the bun and meat to add that extra flavor to put it over the top. The cost was $8.25 for the burger, $6.00 for the loaded potatoes, $2.00 for the side of fries, $2.00 for the diet Pepsi. $18.25 without tip.

After this entry, I must now re-evaluate the top burger choices in the near future. I will keep you posted.

The Grassy Knoll Institute scores 5 out of 5 shots and recommends the Steamers Cheeseburger for dinner.
               


LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL

1 comment:

  1. 00dozo said

    July 9, 2011 at 5:14 pm e
    Oh, yum! With all that food, though, I doubt I could eat rolls, potato skins AND a burger with fries in one sitting. Other than your run-of-the-mill franchises here, it’s hard to find a place that makes it’s own ‘homeburger’. But, I gotta have gravy on fries – actually, I can make a meal just out of fries and gravy.

    I like your reviews (they make me hungry) and will come in handy should I ever get around to your neck of the woods.
    ______________________________________
    Reply

    LOTGK said

    July 13, 2011 at 8:21 am e
    Thank you for reading and commenting.
    Fries on gravy, it’s only offered when I’m down South. And, I had one roll, one potato skin, and of course the burger.
    ______________________________________
    Reply

    Gumby said

    July 11, 2011 at 4:25 pm e
    I thought you said once that Eddies grill was the best. So, is this one better than Eddies? BTW, I like the fries on the burger combo.
    ______________________________________
    Reply

    LOTGK said

    July 13, 2011 at 8:27 am e
    I did my friend. So, last week, I had to go back to the source, back to Geneva, back to Eddie’s Grill, to taste once again their offering for best cheeseburger. The review will be forth coming. It’s a surprise.
    ______________________________________
    Reply

    Moominboy said

    July 12, 2011 at 12:53 pm e
    Ooh man! Now that’s a description. And you seem to know your burgers. This almost makes me regret going vegetarian Fries as a burger topping, you say? Never seen it done but fair enough, next time I’ll have a burger (it would probably be a veggie one) I’ll try that. Also, very reasonable price for a gourmet burger.
    ______________________________________
    Reply

    LOTGK said

    July 13, 2011 at 8:29 am e
    Grew up on burgers my friend. Yes, fries as a topping. I found that out a long time at a local burger shack called Burger Chef. I heaped a few fries on top and the taste was fantastic. Now, it’s fries on top every time.
    ______________________________________
    Reply

    Valdunagan said

    July 12, 2011 at 2:09 pm e
    Steamers sounds like a seafood place, and you went with the beef? Wise choice since it was the best you had.
    ______________________________________
    Reply

    LOTGK said

    July 13, 2011 at 8:30 am e
    They do have seafood there, but steaks, pasta and seafood are all offered.
    ______________________________________
    Reply

    Jim Kester said

    July 14, 2011 at 7:40 am e
    Steamers is one of my favorites whenever I visit the folks in Ohio. For you alcohol drinkers, they make the BEST Bloody Mary. I don’t know what they use but it is spicy and the best I have ever tasted!
    ______________________________________
    Reply

    LOTGK said

    July 16, 2011 at 1:40 am e
    Agreed, Steamers is an all around good restaurant. Never had a bad meal there.

    ReplyDelete

Entertain Me With Your Wealth Of Worthless Knowledge