5/27/2009

River Rock Deli – Pizza

River Rock
The River Rock Deli, inside the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Rosemont, Illinois is a convenient choice for a fast dinner after a long day at the convention center. And with the Transworld Halloween show returning to Chicago in late February 2010, I will again be visiting.

River Rock Pizza
As stated earlier, the River Rock Deli is convenient. I ordered a large sausage and pepperoni pizza, cost was $12 dollars and a Coke. (Yes, this was before my Coke Zero switch) I paid the cashier and took one of the available seats. Twenty minutes later my order was called and I went to retrieve my pizza.
The pizza still came in a box, which I found strange, but hey, I'm not eating the box. (That sounded a little dirty) Of course the pizza was hot, the crust crunchy enough to support the weight of the cheese, sauce, and toppings. (I hate when you order a pizza and the crust is so thin and soggy that it just flops down and all the toppings fall off)


I only had three slices, because the other option, the small, was an 8 inch pizza that looked really small. The Pizza tasted good, nothing special, but not bland either as many pizza's can be.
The Grassy Knoll Diner scores 3 out of 5 shots and recommends River Rock Deli for dinner.


                                           Back To Blue Plate Special Archives

1 comment:

  1. Bitzky said
    May 28, 2009 at 9:34 pm
    Nope, sorry, no match for a Swedish pizza. Pricewise, as well.
    I am totally addicted to Coke Zero. For me it tastes better than the (previously) real stuff.

    LOTGK said
    May 29, 2009 at 5:56 pm
    Here is your assignment Bitzky. Order the pizza of your choosing, take a good snap shot of it, and send me your critique of your Swedish Style Pizza. Can’t wait to see the pizza.
    About the Coke Zero. You betcha, Coke Z is the only choice for me.

    Bitzky said
    June 4, 2009 at 6:15 pm
    Hmm, this is actually a good idea. You are on, sir! Soon I will have a picture for ya :)

    LOTGK said
    June 4, 2009 at 6:36 pm
    I get one good idea every year. Six more months to go. I await your critique.

    Gumby said
    May 29, 2009 at 10:48 pm
    Where’s the pepperoni and sausage? Sparse to say the least. But what do you want for hotel pizza?

    LOTGK said
    May 29, 2009 at 11:00 pm
    It was chincy. I thought that they had it cooked under the cheese, but alas, not. Still received a passing grade.

    Max Jackl said
    June 9, 2009 at 11:30 am
    For convenience, ok, I see it, but otherwise, that doesn’t look appealing to me at all.

    ReplyDelete

Entertain Me With Your Wealth Of Worthless Knowledge