1/17/2009

Lost Update - Two Tickets To Paraidse


lost Update - Season V - 01/18/2009


Got a surprise especially for you,
Something that both of us have always wanted to do.
We've waited so long, waited so long.
We've waited so long, waited so long.


I'm gonna take you on a trip so far from here,
I've got two tickets in my pocket, now baby, we're gonna disappear.
We've waited so long, waited so long.
We've waited so long, waited so long.


We have all waited a long time for season 5 of ABC Lost, the ABC TV Sci-Fi series. On Wednesday, the wait will be over when we'll find out if Ben really has a time machine, or if John Locke is dead, or if the Oceanic Six gets back to the island. And more importantly, how my Lost theory ties into season five and beyond.

Just what is my theory….. I’ll tell you in a Lost island minute.
Although it appears the survivors of Oceanic flight 815 are on a tropical island, they are being deceived. There is no island. The survivors are in a virtual reality laboratory. All the castaways are interconnected to one another sharing each others thoughts, memories, and feelings. While in this virtual reality laboratory, a battery of physical and mental experiments are performed on them. And who is behind all this other than the mysterious government men? Aliens of course.


From the pilot episode of season one, I formulated two theories on what was happening on Lost. One is the virtual reality theory. The second is The Rod Serling Effect. This theory concentrates primarily on the Twilight Zone, a Sci-Fi TV series created by Rod Serling that aired 1959-1963 and other assorted works he wrote, produced, and directed. You can read this theory ark here.

I also want to take this time to explain another Grassy Knoll Institute anomaly that many readers have asked me about. Why my Lost update titles do not match with the official titles of the series. There are several reasons for that.

One reason is the tie in of the song and lyrics to that specific episode and how it relates to my theory. For example, tonight's title, Two Tickets To Paradise. Of course, Lost is filmed in Hawaii, or paradise, but more than that, many Lost inhabitants believe the island is paradise. Also, the third line, "We waited so long," as in the last new episode aired in May of 2008. That is a long time. Add in the theme that there's a plane ride, to some place far away and that they are going to disappear, and you have the elements of the series and tonight's update.

Below is the Season IV LOST DVD insert, the Oceanic "For Your Safety" guide. Check it out, it is pretty entertaining and be sure to check for the clues embedded.

Until Wednesday, Get Lost!



LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL

9 comments:

  1. Very entertaining. We shall see if you are correct come wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how excited I am for the new season to start. LOST is my favorite show and IMO the best thing to ever be on television. I don't want to figure anything out, I have no theories, I just love it for what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. timelooptheory.com makes a lot of since. Can't wait until Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool insert. Cant wait for the start of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOST IS SO JUMP THE SHARK ALREADY.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really disappointed in the pre show posts on here. I thought I would get on this morning and see more posts from more people. I haven't been able to sleep anticipating season five

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look for the new Lost update coming your way in about 9 hours.....

    Lost Season V, - Episode One - I'm A Believer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wassup man,
    Another year, another season... I don't know if you ever got a chance to watch all the twilight zone episode again, but I got all the way to season 4... that's a spectacular show.
    Anyways, I'll be looking forward to the recap...

    ReplyDelete
  9. The wait is over my friend. The new Lost update is right here.
    Lost Update - Season V Premiere - I'm A Believer

    ReplyDelete

Entertain Me With Your Wealth Of Worthless Knowledge