6/04/2008

Thirty Years Ago Today


Click Photo For Larger Image
School's out for summer
School's out forever
School's been blown to pieces


Yes, tis me, (Center) the curator of the Grassy Knoll Institute, circa June 4th, 1978, high school graduation. I know you can dig the round over sized hippie shaded glasses. And I even got my hair cut for graduation day. Yes, I had long hair in high school. Alas, it was also that same year my hair started to turn gray.

To my right is one of my good friends Jim, (in the mustache) who moved to Kokomo, Indiana shortly after this day. By chance, we connected via the Internet, and it was good talking to one of my old friends that I haven't seen or spoken to for almost 30 years.

I'll leave you with an Alice Cooper tune that I blared on the last day of school over and over and over again on my 8-Track tape player in my car. Good times, good times.

Well we got no choice,
All the girls and boys,
Makin' all that noise,
Cause they found new toys.

Well we can't salute ya,
Can't find a flag,
If that don't suit ya,
That's a drag.

School's out for summer,
School's out forever,
School's been blown to pieces.

No more pencils,
No more books
No more teacher's dirty looks

Well we got no class
And we got no principals
And we got no innocence
We can't even think of a word that rhymes

School's out for summer
School's out forever
School's been blown to pieces
No more pencils
nNo more books
No more teacher's dirty looks

Out for summer
Out till fall
We might not come back at all
School's out forever
School's out for summer
School's out with fever
School's out completely



LURKING, GREAT IN 78, ON THE GRASSY KNOLL

12 comments:

  1. That makes you around 48 years old. I remember the smoked glasses. They were, we thought they were anyway, cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, HIPPY! Cut your hair! Lay off the reefer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look 7 feet tall or are those others just short.
    At least you don't have a mullet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That man right behind you, he has a gun, lurking on the grassy knoll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many were in your class? We had almost 300.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're so close in age (I graduated in 1980). Of course, I pretty much had that figured out before you posted the pic/info.

    BTW, heard on the radio today that Yes is a "no." Something about bronchial/upper resp distress. Sounds like what I had...

    And, no!, I haven't been kissin' on him. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look like you were up to something mischievous..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lead Scientist6/06/2008 4:35 AM

    isn't it funny that the curator and the lead scientist graduated from the same high school in the same week only 27 years apart? and because of u, some of the older teachers gave me trouble because of some rebel without a clue. and max, if he had a mullet i would have been declared legally insane. business in the front, party in the back

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alice brings back memories...of course I was barely an infant at that time :P

    Chica's right, you look like a shit disturber...you're not wearing pants under that robe are you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. aaaaaaahahaha awesome, ur so cool

    mad, but cool

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whelly,
    Yes, I am 48 going on 20.
    Gumby,
    Yes.
    SKA,
    Yes, hippy.
    Max,
    No, only 6 feet 1, must have been the angle. And no mullet.
    Eddy,
    Yes, seconds later, he was subdued and carted out of the gym yelling Attica, Attica.
    Val,
    We had over 600 in our graduating class.
    Contessa,
    "(I graduated in 1980). Of course, I pretty much had that figured out before you posted the pic/info."
    You must have had one hell of a high school senior year!!!
    Chica,
    I'm always up to something.
    Lead Scientist,
    yes, I knew you would have several run ins with my former teachers. But i softened them up for you.
    Ben,
    Yes, Alice is a great band. I had that song blaring all day long. And, just for that day, I wore pants. But i was commando...
    Blue,
    Yea, weird stupid look, can't remember what I was thinking, except I wanted out of this stupid square hat and robe.

    ReplyDelete

Entertain Me With Your Wealth Of Worthless Knowledge