10/14/2011

Coke Zero Taste Test

Coke Zero Point Of Purchase At Its Best
Pay No Attention To The Sexy Blond Model Wearing Nothing But The Coca-Cola Zero Logo In Body Paint

Coca-cola has introduced yet another diet soda product to their long list of soft drinks. Coke Zero, being a diet soda, has zero calories, (Hence the name) zero total fat, zero total carbs, zero protein, zero sugar, and 40 mg of sodium which is 2% daily intake. I will hazard a guess and say that most diet soda's claim the same low calorie intake. But Coke Zero separates itself from all the others for one reason.

Taste!

I have tried many diet pops in my time and all of them left me not wanting for more. The only diet pop that is tolerable is Diet Dr. Pepper. (I ordered a Dr. Diet Pepper at a restaurant once and my son and wife almost fell over laughing at my mistake) All the other ones have such a bitter taste and a nasty after taste. I think these diet pops can be used as diesel fuel in a pinch.

Coke Zero however, as the commercials tout, it does taste a hell of a lot like Cokes flag ship brand cola, Coca-Cola Classic. Now hold on a minute! I didn't say it tasted exactly like Classic, but very close.

I was truly skeptical and I had to find out for myself if the Coke commercials were lying or not. I went to the local gas station, fueled up and went inside and purchased a 20 ounce size plastic bottle of Coke Zero. The cost was 99 cents, right in line with Classic, same price. (I mention this for a few years back, Coca-Cola introduced Coke C2, half the calorie soda but 50% more in cost. A 20 ounce bottle was $1.49 compared to 99 cents.)


Zero On Ice
I took the bottle of Coke Zero home and placed it in the fridge to get it ice cold. (Nothing better than an ice cold pop) A couple hours later, it was time to test the new Coke Zero.

I twisted the cap off and it fizzled just like Coke Classic which was a good sign. Then I went for it and took a big guzzle. Zero had that full bodied taste that did not disappoint. If I didn't already know, I would swear it wasn't a diet soda. After taste? Forgetaboutit! Absolutely none.  The first sip left me wanting more. I savored the rest of the bottle and each sip was as good as the last.

Coke Zero is the best diet soda on the market today and the Grassy Knoll Diner awards 5 out of 5 shots and highly recommends Coca-Cola Zero for a refreshing thirst quencher.


LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL

2 comments:

  1. Didn't know it was such a novelty over there. Sweden has been drinking Coke Zero for the past five years or so, regular Diet Coke is pretty impossible to find. But I agree, Zero tastes great. And I don't like over-sugary drinks so for me its better than the regular stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Coke Zero is making inroads here in the U.S. You can buy it at most food stores and gas stations shopping depots, but it is not readily available at most restaurants. Some day.

    ReplyDelete

Entertain Me With Your Wealth Of Worthless Knowledge