9/20/2010

Eddies Grill Counter - Last Cheeseburger Of The Season

Eddie's Grill Cheeseburger - Counter Service
Eddie's Grill, located on Geneva-On-The-Lake, closed this weekend for the season signaling the end of Summer. If you travel to Geneva from now until Mothers Day weekend, most of the boardwalk shops and attractions will be boarded up. After all, it is a Summer resort town.

Before Eddie's Grill closed it's doors, we made one more trek to the land of the best cheeseburger in the land. Since the restaurant was packed, I bellied up to the counter and took the last seat available. Patty had ventured into several stores to do some shopping so this was a perfect opportunity for my last meal.

The waitress, dressed in white, (They are always dressed in white) came over and took my order right away. (I pitied the suckers waiting in the long line to order take out.) I ordered my standard, a cheeseburger, fries, and a diet Coke. My waitress turned around and shouted out my order to the grill boys cooking.

In less than five minutes, my order was up and brought to the counter. As always, the food at Eddie's is fresh, hot, well cooked, and delicious. Knowing this would be my last meal I ate slowly and savored every bite and fry.

Patty came along just as I finished up and we went on our way visiting the Geneva's quirky shops and attractions for the last time for the Summer. Next year we will return, hopefully to a more enhanced boardwalk that was promised way back in 2006.

The Grassy Knoll Diner scores 5 out of 5 shots and recommends Eddie's Grill for lunch and for dinner.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL

1 comment:

  1. Rich said

    September 20, 2010 at 3:00 pm e
    End of summer … sigh! Guess that all good things have to come to an end. Good thing is the this is seasonal. Looking a bit of the logic of ordering a burger and fries with a Diet Coke. Oh well it all seems to balance out. Good about living in your area is that at least you have well defined seasons.

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    September 21, 2010 at 11:38 pm e
    I am actually a Coke Zero fan but in a pinch, a diet Coke will do. And yes, in Ohio, we do have well defined seasons.

    Reply

    Gumby said

    September 20, 2010 at 3:25 pm e
    You would think Eddies would stay open as long as customers were still coming. In this economy its tough to turn away money and profits.

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    September 21, 2010 at 11:40 pm e
    I have often pondered that same question. I would bet Eddie’s would get business through October if they were open on Fridays and Saturdays. Oh well, May is only 8 months away.

    Reply

    Valdunagan said

    September 20, 2010 at 4:55 pm e
    Last meal! Mine would be a big ass steak and all the fixins. No need to count calories that day.

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    September 21, 2010 at 11:41 pm e
    I have a method to my madness. Eddie’s Grill is open only 4 months of the year. Perhaps my sentence would come today and I would have an eight month stay of execution.

    ReplyDelete

Entertain Me With Your Wealth Of Worthless Knowledge