5/28/2010

Eddie’s Grill Take Out Cheeseburger – Geneva On The Lake


eddies-grill-menu-board-geneva
Eddies Grill - Geneva On The Lake
Eddie's Grill, Iconic restaurant located at Geneva-On-The-Lake is of course my choice for dinner while visiting there. Eddie's Grill is always busy so be prepared for a pleasantly happy crowd. There is plenty of seating but most are usually taken. I was lucky to get a counter bar stool. The waitress took my order and after five minutes, it was delivered.
eddies-grill-cheeseburger-geneva
Eddies Grill Take Out Order
While waiting for my own order, I took in the ambiance of Eddie's Grill. The cooks in white paper hats, the waitresses shouting out orders to the cooks, workers hustling around, cleaning tables and bringing out food. it was a scene right out of a 1950's hamburger diner. And yes, there were plenty of "Fonzies" there.

Anyway, I ordered the cheeseburger, fries, and a foot long hot dog. My order was correct of course. It was on time, and fresh. The cheeseburger may have been the best I have ever tasted. And I have had plenty of them. The fries were hot, well cooked, and plentiful. I ordered the foot long as well just because. (When in Rome)

As you can see by the lighted menu board, the cheeseburger was $3.60, the fries were $2.45, and the foot long was $3.60 which are very good prices for the quality and quantity of food served.

My next update will be Eddie's Grill rival, Time Square Restaurant, just a little ways down the parkway. I will match up item per item in taste, cost, service, and quantity, and quality. Who will win, check back in several days to find out.

The Grassy Knoll Diner scores 5 out of 5 shots and recommends Eddie's Grill for lunch and dinner.


LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL

2 comments:

  1. Max Jackl said

    May 28, 2010 at 11:51 am e
    Sounds like Arnolds from happy days. Do they have drive in seating with girls on roller skates?

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    May 29, 2010 at 9:18 am e
    No, no drive in with girls on roller skates, but that would be cool. It does look like the classic diners from the 50′s. It was built in 1950 something, so there you go.

    Reply

    Gumby said

    May 28, 2010 at 12:05 pm e
    I still think the Purgatory theory on Lost sucks.
    Eddie’s is a great place, great food, great diner.

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    May 29, 2010 at 9:19 am e
    It’s time to let go Gumby.
    Yes, Eddie’s is a fine diner. Great fun.

    Reply

    Freaksmack said

    May 28, 2010 at 9:35 pm e
    mmm… real slovenian sausage with horseradish… mmm

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    May 29, 2010 at 9:21 am e
    I have not had that from the menu, but just about everything else, including their pizza. The root beer is pretty darn good as well.

    Reply

    Noborders4me said

    May 31, 2010 at 12:59 pm e
    This place reminds me a bit of some of the restaurants back home in the Fifties. One of these that still is a going concern in El Paso is Chico’s Tacos. They have their floating tacos, I think that they call them flautas, and they float in a green chili salsa. But the more interesting one is their hotdog. It consists of a couple of wieners sliced kind of butterfly style into quarters. These are fried to a nice brown and put on a hamburger bun. They are then topped with slice onion and chili beans. Make my mouth water just thinking about it. Too bad I can only find in back home in El Paso!

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    May 31, 2010 at 6:09 pm e
    Yes, Eddie’s Grill is an iconic diner type hamburger stand. As you said, there are very few original ones remaining.

    Reply

    Moominboy said

    June 3, 2010 at 9:42 am e
    Ooh sausage with horseradish is great indeed.

    I’d love to experience such a classic 1950s American diner. Not many of them here in Europe, only seen them on the TV. And I know that you have wide experience with burgers so that burger really must have been something!

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    June 3, 2010 at 8:50 pm e
    Truly, it was one of the best cheeseburgers I have tasted. The 1950′s atmosphere was merely an added bonus. And the prices were very reasonable.

    Reply

    Valdunagan said

    June 3, 2010 at 12:45 pm e
    You have a couple of eddies grill posts. You must really like it. The question is, is eddies better than gia’s restaurant? LOL

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    June 3, 2010 at 9:00 pm e
    Eddie’s Grill has been a haunt of mine for over 40 years. Of course there will be a few posts about it. As for Gia’s, one is was more than enough.

    Reply

    5H559M said

    August 24, 2010 at 12:20 pm e
    See, thats what I’m talkin bout. Eddie’s Grill is the best cheeseburger bar none. I wish they stayed open all year long. They will be closing ina couple of weeks so hurry now and get them while you can.

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    August 24, 2010 at 8:16 pm e
    Agreed. I wouldn’t mind driving down there for a cheeseburger in October.

    Reply

    Joan Keil said

    October 24, 2010 at 12:14 pm e
    As a child – late 4o’s, early 50′s I remember a footlong hotdog -split down the middle, grilled and served on a toasted or grilled bun. I dislike boiled hotdog,at least it looks like yours are grilled.

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    October 26, 2010 at 8:18 am e
    I also remember those hot dogs. And yes, Eddie’s hot dogs are grilled, and taste pretty darn good. Thank you for reading and commenting.

    Reply

    Jill said

    June 1, 2012 at 2:39 pm e
    My husband’s family is from this area. We hit the Eddie’s about once a summer. I always dress 50′s “retro”. So, one night when I was sitting in Eddie’s in a vintage dress w/ saddle shoes. It waS REALLY freaking people out. Like it was a time warp/Twilight Zone/etc. The decor and vibe is really stuck at about 1955 and I love it! lol Oh yeah- and we also had our ’62 Mercury parked in front of the place!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reply

    LOTGK said

    June 2, 2012 at 9:26 pm e
    I like the little individual Juke Boxes at the tables inside. The Merc wasn’t purple was it?

    Reply

    Jill said

    June 6, 2012 at 10:17 am e
    No. It’s satin black, lowered 5 inches with lake pipes and fender skirts. With propane flame throwers. heh

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    June 7, 2012 at 8:27 am e
    Ohh, that is not the one I see up there all the time. It drives by the strip constantly on Friday and Saturday nights.

    ReplyDelete

Entertain Me With Your Wealth Of Worthless Knowledge