12/09/2011

R.I.P. John Lennon


December 8, 1980, I was upstairs in my room listening to the radio with my headsets on high volume. The radio disc jockey broke in and announced that John Lennon was just gunned down in front of his apartment in New York City. He was shot four times in the back. He was taken to the hospital and pronounced dead.

For some reason, I'm feeling old today. I grew up listening to the Beatles. I just knew that the "Paul Is Dead" was all a hoax. I was pissed off when Yoko broke up the band.

Lennon would have been 71 years old.

Instant Karma's gonna get you
Gonna knock you right on the head
You better get yourself together
Pretty soon you're gonna be dead
What in the world you thinking of
Laughing in the face of love
What on earth you tryin' to do
It's up to you, yeah you


LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL

5 comments:

  1. Certainly the day the music died.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lennon was a genius, he understood the power of the media, and used it against themselves for his own fortunes. Great last album from him, Double Fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denis Leary said it best when he said,...
    John Lennon gets shot 6 times and Yoko who is standing right next to him walks away without a scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made a couple of blunders, claiming the Beatles were more popular than God. However, his writing in the Paul is dead hoax on their albums was sheer genius.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paul may be the only surviving Beatle once Ringo passes. Odd. And strange.

    ReplyDelete

Entertain Me With Your Wealth Of Worthless Knowledge