8/11/2010

Subway - $5 Dollar Meatball Sandwich

Subway Foot Long Meatball Sub
Subway Foot Long Meatball Sub
Five... Five dollar.... Five dollar foot long... At Subway. The Boardman and Youngstown, Ohio area has several Subway restaurants. I stopped at the one on Market Street in Boardman on the way home from work.

I walked up to the counter, the counter girl was pleasant and asked me what I wanted. I ordered the $5 dollar meatball sandwich with cheese on Italian bread. She asked if I wanted my sandwich toasted and I said yes.

I watched the small assembly line as she made my sandwich and then popped it into the over for approximately 30 seconds. She wrapped it and as the commercial stated, the cost was $5 dollars.

First, there were eight small sized meatballs, enough sauce, and adequate cheese. The meatballs were hot, the cheese melted, and the bun toasted. The taste surprised me. It was pretty good. I was expecting bland meatballs but these were just spicy enough. As with all meatball sandwich's, it was a bit messy to eat but I was able to handle it.

The Grassy Knoll Diner scores 3.5 out of 5 shots and recommends Subway Meatball Sandwich's for dinner.


LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL

1 comment:

  1. Chica said

    August 12, 2010 at 2:03 am e
    O.M.GEEEEZ! you had my favorite subway sandwich. YAY!

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    August 14, 2010 at 4:00 pm e
    It was good, especially for fast food service.

    Reply

    Max Jackl said

    August 13, 2010 at 8:18 am e
    Not the most good looking sandwich but its the taste that counts right.

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    August 14, 2010 at 4:02 pm e
    And not only in sandwiches my friend.

    Reply

    Gumby said

    August 13, 2010 at 9:52 am e
    Looks like a lot of bang for 5 bucks, I’vw been there and ordered that and it was good for fast food. Thunbs up.

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    August 14, 2010 at 4:03 pm e
    Liar, you don’t have any thumbs.

    Reply

    Gumby said

    August 16, 2010 at 8:31 am e
    Then how about two middle fingers up right at ya!!!

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    August 16, 2010 at 11:21 pm e
    Are you sure you can afford it?

    Reply

    Gumby said

    August 13, 2010 at 9:52 am e
    Yea, that was THUMBS up.

    Reply

    Moominboy said

    August 14, 2010 at 12:56 pm e
    That’s about 2 bucks cheaper than what we pay for a Subway footlong here in Stockholm. Never had their meatball sandwich but I just might, this being the land of meatballs and everything. I have only one prob with their footlongs: they break in the middle

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    August 14, 2010 at 4:19 pm e
    Subway has been having a promotion the past year, they have several sandwiches that they reduced to $5 dollars. And here, they cut the footlong in half to make it less sloppy to eat.

    Reply

    Moominboy said

    August 14, 2010 at 8:48 pm e
    Ah see, such a simple thing and yet they don’t do it here. I probably could ask them about it. Hmm… this means that I wasn’t smart enough to ask them for that before…. :/

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    August 15, 2010 at 11:10 pm e
    I would think their menu prices may be different than the states. I wonder what they call a foot long sub in a country that uses the metric system.

    Reply

    Moominboy said

    August 16, 2010 at 2:47 pm e
    Hmm, good question. I think it is just called “long”, as opposed to the short one. Next time I walk by a Subway I’ll make sure to check.

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    August 16, 2010 at 11:29 pm e
    Thanks, I am curious.


    LOTGK said

    February 10, 2011 at 11:59 pm e
    Subway Meatball Sandwich update. Since posting this update, I have ordered this exact same sandwich several more times. On one sandwich, there were only 7 meatballs, another, 9, and yet another 10 meatballs. The cheese slices varied as well. Apparently, you are at the mercy of the sandwich maker.
    My advice, smile, be polite, and don’t make eye contact.

    Reply

    Anonymous said

    March 7, 2011 at 1:31 am e
    company policy states that you should always get 8 meatballs on a footlong. those employees don’t know what they are doing.

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    March 11, 2011 at 6:40 pm e
    Hence, that is why I post the food choices to show people what you really get. Not what you see in print ads or television commercials. Thanks for reading and commenting.

    ReplyDelete

Entertain Me With Your Wealth Of Worthless Knowledge