5/10/2010

Dairy Queen Thin Mint Blizzard

Dairy Queen Thin Mint Blizzard
Dairy Queen Thin Mint Blizzard
The Blue Plate Special is not always about lunch and dinner. Occasionally it is about dessert. And the Dairy Queen store in North Lima Ohio fills the bill. Don't get me wrong, Dairy Queen Brazier offers much more than ice creams treats. they have cheeseburgers, chilli dogs, chicken, and french fries. But tonight is all about the treats.

The treat on the left is a limited offer Blizzard by Dairy Queen. Basically it is a combination of Dairy Queens special blend vanilla custard and Girl Scout Cookie Thin Mints. Using a special blizzard machine, the custard and cookies are mixed together to form this cool dessert.

I ordered the medium size, which cost $1.99 and I have to say was a perfect portion. If you like ice cream, you will love this treat. The combination of the thin mint cookies and ice cream mix was delightful.

The Grassy Knoll Diner scores 4 out of 5 shots and recommends North Lima Dairy Queen Girl Scout Mint Cookie Blizzards for dessert.



LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL

1 comment:

  1. Gumby said

    May 10, 2010 at 12:01 pm e
    I love me some DQ. Oreo and M&M blizzards for me.

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    May 11, 2010 at 8:50 am e
    Those are also fine choices. I also like the simple treat, the Dilly Bar.

    Reply

    Dot said

    May 10, 2010 at 10:10 pm e
    I love everything Dairy Queen. Busters, Dillys, banana splits, floats, shakes, freezes, blizzards, all of em.

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    May 11, 2010 at 8:55 am e
    I once asked for a banana split without the banana? The clerk looked at me kinda funny and she said she couldn’t do that.

    Reply

    FreakSmack said

    May 11, 2010 at 12:27 am e
    Though I don’t eat them often, they have a french silk pie blizzard that kicks ass!

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    May 11, 2010 at 8:56 am e
    I haven’t had that one. I don’t think it is an option here in Youngstown.

    Reply

    Ahrcanum said

    May 11, 2010 at 8:19 am e
    Yummmmy. The DQ in North Lima puts on some pretty good car shows too. I recall Blizzard’s and ice cream prizes. not sure which day of the week but I’m thinking Tuesdays.

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    May 11, 2010 at 8:58 am e
    Yes, the car shows are pretty cool. I was at a few of them. I do think it is Tuesdays. They should start up again in June.

    Reply

    Moominboy said

    May 13, 2010 at 2:18 pm e
    I had DQ ice cream when I visited U.S. 3 years ago. It was pure deliciousness. I wish they could open some restaurants here

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    May 16, 2010 at 1:31 am e
    Just got back from Geneva on the Lake, and I had a Dairy Queen cone. It was delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Entertain Me With Your Wealth Of Worthless Knowledge