1/09/2010

Bob Evans - Bacon Cheeseburger Takeout

Bacon Cheeseburger Take Out Bob Evans
Bacon Cheeseburger Take Out Bob Evans
Bob Evans restaurant located in Youngstown, Ohio, is our next stop on the Blue Plate Special tour. However, this time, we ordered to go to test their take out service. I placed the call, ordered a bacon cheeseburger with french fries and the waitress said my order would be ready in about 20 minutes.

I arrived at Bob Evans in twenty minutes and went to the take out counter. A waitress asked if she could help me. I told her, "Pick up for the Grassy Knoll Institute!" She smiled and went into the back. She walked out with my order and packed it up in a plastic bag. She told me to pay at the check out.

As you can see, they did not skimp on the bacon. Two thick strips were on top and when I broke both pieces in half, they covered the burger completely. The cheese was plentiful, fully melted and hot. The bun was fresh, hot, and toasted just right. The one third pound burger patty was well cooked, juicy, and hot. The fries were golden brown, crunchy, not soggy, and hot. The container, a standard styrofoam container held up for well.

The burger was very good tasting. You could really taste the crisp thick bacon unlike other burgers where the bacon is undercooked and as thin as paper. The fries were very tasty as well.

Don't worry, I didn't forget about the cost which at $8 dollars was a fair price. All in all, the take out experience was worked well.

The Grassy Knoll Diner scores 3.75 out of 5 shots and recommends Bob Evans Cheeseburger take out for dinner.



LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL

1 comment:

  1. Unfinished Rambler said

    January 9, 2010 at 11:19 am e
    Whoa….that looks deadly.

    BUT…

    …I’d eat it on a bet.

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    January 13, 2010 at 12:45 am e
    It was pleasantly good, not like a burger king, and the fries topped it off, light anc runchy golden brown.

    Reply

    Ahrcanum said

    January 9, 2010 at 5:06 pm e
    Just how many calories in that their burger?

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    January 13, 2010 at 12:48 am e
    I don’t know for sure, but I have it on good authority that it has Eleven-Ti-Billion calories.

    Reply

    Moominboy said

    January 9, 2010 at 5:25 pm e
    Damn, I should never read your blog when hungry. I have terrible bacon cravings now >.<

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    January 13, 2010 at 12:49 am e
    Me either Bitz.

    Reply

    Ben said

    January 11, 2010 at 1:15 am e
    I wonder about your cholesterol.
    That said, it looks yummeh.

    Reply

    Max Jackl said

    January 12, 2010 at 4:49 pm e
    Cholesterol. Hell! That would stop your heart.

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    January 13, 2010 at 12:56 am e
    I have electric paddles standing by always. Just in case….

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    January 13, 2010 at 12:51 am e
    Worry not. My cholesterol is a solid 171. And that is without any type of medication. And my sugar level is 70.
    Blessed I am.

    Reply

    Rankamateur said

    January 12, 2010 at 10:23 pm e
    Of all the things I miss about Youngstown, Bob Evans is, well, right up there anyway…

    For breakfast or lunch, Yankee Kitchen beats Bob hands down. The Brick Oven (or whatever they call themselves these days) does too. Oh heck, so does Perkins, the ITAM and Basilone’s bar in Farrell, PA (the ITAM does a great breakfast, two eggs, Italian sausage link, toast, and covered in sauce. Basilone’s? How about the best dogs ever! but I digress…).

    For a chain, I love Bob Evans. Love the big-bowl’o'breakfats. Snausage gravy, home fries, eggs, biscuits. Yum!

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    January 13, 2010 at 1:04 am e
    Yankee Kitchen, well, the grease, I can smell it from my house miles away. The oven had great fish, and good bacon pizza.

    Reply

    Jungljim69 said

    January 19, 2010 at 9:31 am e
    The Oven on Market Street. I miss the Oven

    Reply

    LOTGK said

    January 19, 2010 at 11:53 pm e
    Yes, great fish dinners. And pizza.

    ReplyDelete

Entertain Me With Your Wealth Of Worthless Knowledge