3/16/2008

Irish Catholic Confession Penance

Making Poteen (Moonshine) is a sin in Ireland.
This fella goes to confession and gets the newly appointed priest. The fella begins, bless me father for I have sinned, I have made 8 gallons of poteen.

The new priest, unaware of what the penance for poteen (Moonshine) is in this parish, tells the gentleman to hold on a second and he'll be right back. The young priest leaves the confessional, walks into the sacristy where the Bishop is half asleep and says, "This fella in the confessional made 8 gallons of poteen, what should I give him?" The Bishop says, "Give him two pounds a gallon and not a penny more."

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


LURKING, ERIN GOES BRALESS ON THE GRASSY KNOLL

1 comment:

  1. In honor of all my Irish friends and would-be Irish friends, my blog turns green and wishes all of you a Happy St. Patrick's Day !

    Now if Bill Gates and Steve Jobs would REALLY want to do something to help the world, they'd figure out a way to email me a beer !

    ReplyDelete

Entertain Me With Your Wealth Of Worthless Knowledge