11/06/2007

Omaha Porterhouse Steak

Fellow Grassy Knoll Institute scientist Jungle Jim, (Arnold) offers his own Blue Plate Special critique of an Omaha Porterhouse steak ordered from room service.

Since I am a practicing Catholic ; } and my lovely wife reminded me that we were in Lent now and could not have meat tomorrow I indulged myself. Since I am on the road traveling in Omaha Nebraska AND my hotel offers room service, I ordered a 16 oz porterhouse supplied by Omaha Steaks (but of course). I really wanted to see what a $40.00 steak tasted like and since I am using the company charge card I ordered it. I also ordered a cup or Nebraska Corn Chowder. The meal arrived in my room VERY hot. The chowder was to say the least to die for. Plaintiff Number 2's (ex-wife number two) father who was from this area always used to talk about this concoction. He was right. Think of creamed corn; add some cre'me and chunks of potatoes. Excellent!

The steak followed. It was cooked to perfection, med well with a slight tinge of pink in the center. The presentation was colorful. When I looked through the utensils, I didn't see a steak knife. I was going to call down to have one delivered bit decided to go it with just a butter knife. I didn't even need that. It was fork tender. It was accompanied by mashed sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli. The total bill with tip was $50.00. I rate this 4.5 out of 5 shots. While in Omaha Nebraska I recommend this steak which is served at Rain, the restaurant inside the Embassy Suites on South 10th street.


LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain Me With Your Wealth Of Worthless Knowledge