11/13/2007

A Gaggle Of Nuns

Nuns With Guns
Some loyal readers have emailed me asking if the Grassy Knoll Institute had any pictures of the nuns from my grade school. To appease you all, I went rummaging through the Grassy Knoll basement vault and stumbled upon this great photo of my Class of 1965 second grade teachers.
As the photo clearly shows, these nuns were loaded for bear and ready to teach each days lesson with an iron fist. No one dared speak out of turn lest they wanted to feel the sting of cold steel. Not from the guns, (The guns were mere intimidation props) but from the edges of the three foot yard sticks they carried. These nuns were deadly accurate when wielding their weapon of choice.

The nuns were Sisters Hannibal, Jesse, Wylene, Shiloh, and Cheyanne. Their motto was "We're always on target when it comes to learning".
I knew these nuns had to be stopped. And I was just the lad to do it. As you read future stories of the battles with the Catholic nuns, you will now have an inner perception of what I was up against in the early 1960's.

The battle was just beginning, and it was time to learn how to play the Flute-O-Fone, that quirky white plastic horn instrument that all us Catholic kids had to endure. I had decided to make a stand on this issue. No way were these nuns going to force me to play an instrument that I didn't want to.

But that is another story, another legend.



LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL

4 comments:

  1. Strictly Southern Baptist raised here. Thanks for the heads up on the picture. It's fixed now.

    http://vandamonium.wordpress.com/2007/11/12/have-a-nice-day/#more-173

    ReplyDelete
  2. These stories entertain me. I am much younger than you but went to a Catholic grade school. How times have changed as only one Nun was in the school. And she was not a teacher, but an aide. And she did not wear the garments of a Nun, but a casual style dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone is older that LOTGK

    ReplyDelete


  4. vandamonium said
    November
    13, 2007 at 2:41 pm
    Strictly Southern Baptist raised here. Thanks for the heads up on the
    picture. It’s fixed now.

    http://vandamonium.wordpress.com/2007/11/12/have-a-nice-day/#more-173

    Reply



    Cynthia saidApril
    13, 2009 at 2:04 pm
    These stories entertain me. I am much younger than you but went to a Catholic
    grade school. How times have changed as only one Nun was in the school. And she
    was not a teacher, but an aide. And she did not wear the garments of a Nun, but
    a casual style dress.
    Reply



    Gumby saidApril
    13, 2009 at 2:40 pm
    Everyone is older that LOTGK

    ReplyDelete

Entertain Me With Your Wealth Of Worthless Knowledge