11/02/2007

Wendys Double Cheeseburger

I drive past a Wendys fast food restaurant almost daily but rarely stop. Today, for the first time in a long while, I tempted fate and pulled into the drive through lane. The line was only several cars and it moved quite quickly. I ordered the Wendys double cheeseburger and large french fries. A always have the urge when at a drive through when the voice from the speakerbox asks, May I help You?" I have to fight back the words, "No, just driving through!"

In a matter of minutes I was at the first window paying for my order. A double cheese and a large fry came to just over $4 dollars. A little steep for a double and fry. A few seconds later I was at the second window picking up my order. I must say that the drive through line was quite efficient but not very friendly or courteous. I didn't get a hello, or thank you, or if I needed ketchup or salt. All that was said from the employee was, well, nothing. I handed her a fiver and she made change and stuck her hand out the window with my change. No thank you, no smile, nothing.

As you can see, the burger looks nothing like the one's you see in the television commercials. This one was flat, with a little piece of the bun scrapped off. The burgers were haphazardly tossed on the bun and there was more cheese on the wrapper than on the burgers. The burger was hot, but was rather bland tasting. I remember Wendys from the past having a very good unique tasting burger. Today's burger does not compare to the one's of old at Wendys.

The fries were hot, crunchy, and plentiful. Lightly salted, tasted good but again, the one's of old were much better.

The Grassy Knoll Institute score 2.5 out of 5 shots and does not recommend Wendys double cheeseburgers. If you find yourself hungry late late at night and Wendys is your only choice, perhaps it is time to start your diet.


LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL


1 comment:

  1. The best double cheeseburger is the new Dunkadelic-Double Cheeseburger recipe that can be found at. Its a LeBron James slam dunk.

    ReplyDelete

Entertain Me With Your Wealth Of Worthless Knowledge