11/02/2007

Burger King - BK Stacker Double

Burger King BK Stacker Double

The Grassy Knoll Institute has been watching the national commercials closely now for several months attempting to uncover some sort of subliminal message conspiracy embedded in the ads. The Institute believes we have found one.

Burger King, the fast food hamburger giant has been touting its new sandwich, the BK Stacker filled with meat and cheese. In the ad, the sandwiches look huge, bigger than the Whopper. In reality, it is merely a standard size hamburger bun, two hamburger patties, two pieces of cheese, and a piece of bacon. To put it more bluntly, a bacon double cheeseburger.

The cost is $2.50 for this so-called "Stacker."

The taste was alright. The burgers were cooked and hot, the bun fresh, the cheese melted. All wrapped up in a paper wrapper.

Why am I not impressed? Because right down the street you can buy a double cheeseburger at McDonalds for 99 cents. The same size less the one piece of bacon for $1.50 less.

The Grassy Knoll Institute does not recommend the BK Stacker and gives ZERO out of five shots. We recommend to order two cheeseburgers and put them together and save 72 cents.

On a side note. When I ordered this sandwich at the drive through today, I pulled to the second window and I asked if I could add one more BK Stacker sandwich. The BK employee said yes I could but I would have to pull around and wait several minutes until they made another sandwich. I quickly glanced in my rear view mirror noticing no one behind me and I asked politely why I would have to wait and pull around.

The employee simply said, "Do you want to wait or not?" I chose not to wait. Burger King lost another $2.50 in sales and profit. They act as if they are the only burger joint in town. That was absolutely lousy customer service.


LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL


No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain Me With Your Wealth Of Worthless Knowledge